Local Swindon Services

Swindon Occupational Therapy Services

If you need further support with regards to Occupational or Physio Therapy to support your child to access everyday daily living tasks such as self care ( dressing, eating a meal, using the toilet or making a snack, being productive) to support with, activities at school such as handwriting and using a pen or for leisure opportunities such as being able to participate in play and participate in chosen hobbies then please look at the local offer website page for The Occupational/Physio Therapy Service to find out more information:


This service may also be able to assess your child's needs with regards to further specialist equipment such as adaptive cutlary. 

Swindon wheelchair and Specialist Seating Service 

The specialist wheelchair and seating service has a team of occupational therapists, physiotherapists and rehabilitation engineers that work with children, young people and adults who have a long term need for help with their mobility and seating.

They can also provide specialist SEN pushchairs and mobility aids such as: 

  • Perching stools
  • Grab rails
  • Full hospital beds
  • Dynamic mattresses
  • Raised toilet seats
  • Mobile hoists

The service can also advise on assistive technology.

You can find out more information here:


Assistive Technology Service

This service provides support and assistive solutions to aid access and achievement within school for pupils with Special Educational Needs. If your child requires assistive technology you can find out more information here: 


Speech and Language Therapy 

Speech and Language Therapy is used to enable children and young people to communicate to the best of their ability, and to enjoy safe eating and drinking.

Children who are referred to Speech and Language Therapy will receive an assessment of their strengths and needs. This might be through observations, discussion or direct assessment. Advice and support is then given to parents, carers, and others who spend time with their child to help them best support the child’s speech, language and communication needs and/or drinking and eating needs.

You can find out more about the service here: